- Start early.
- Any amount can get you started.
- Arrange for automatic deductions.
- You ought to be aware about your credit cards.
- Do not mind status symbols!
The configuration should be: Income – Savings = Expenses,
and not Income – Expenses = Savings,
to emphasize that one should have a fixed amount to save.
Four stages to Financial Independence:
- Start-up Stage
- Build –up Stage
- Fine- tuning
Small is Beautiful:
- Requiring so much, accomplishing little
- Modern industry is inefficient as it surpasses the ability of the people.
- Ever bigger machines, bigger concentration of powers, greater violence against the environment and denial of wisdom
- To see the bigness out of smallness
- Misdistribution of population leads to misdistribution of access to resources: prevalent to the Third World Nations
- Buddhist economics not modern materialism
- Dual economy – two different patterns of living as widely separated in two different worlds; two ways of life existing side by side (agro-industrial)
- Organic Development – development in our own pace
- to ensure that needs and grievances of the people are properly addressed while making favors to accumulate capital for economic survival